Rating The Cleveland Browns Quarterbacks From The Past
The Cleveland Browns have had a long list of Quarterbacks leading the team in the past. They have had some great and not so great QB’s at the helm. Today I feel like looking back at the some of the greats. In fact I feel like rating them, so here is my list of All-Time Greatest Cleveland Brown Quarterbacks.
5. Bill Nelson – He led the team to the playoffs twice, and in my book that’s enough to get you on this list. Sweet career with the Browns cut short by injuries.
4. Brian Sipe – The Browns all time leader in wins. He had an MVP season in 1980 and led the Browns back to the playoffs for the first time since 1972.
3. Frank Ryan – The last qb to lead the Browns to a league title. Acquired as a backup, he won the starting role in 1962 after an injury to the starter. He continued to start for the next 6 seasons.
2. Bernie Kosar – A brilliant passer who led the Browns to 3 AFC Championship games. Once held the record for most consecutive pass completions without an interception. A popular player with the fans and media. Although he enjoyed initial success with the Browns it ended badly with his release in 1991 in following a week 8 loss to the Broncos.
1. Otto Graham – HALL OF FAMER. Enough said. The only Browns QB to enjoy that status, Otto led the Browns to 10 League Championship Games and won 7 of them. When the Browns joined the NFL in 1950 Graham led them to win the championship. The Browns were losers of the next 3 NFL championship games. Still Otto Graham’s home record of 57-13-1 is the best winning percentage of any NFL quarterback. Without question Otto Graham is the best Browns Quarterback of All-Time. Not even close.